Ukraine, Moldova, and Romania will speed up rail connections between ports.
Railway operators in Ukraine, Moldova, and Romania have agreed on measures to improve transportation in the Reni-Giurgiulesti-Galati direction, and vice versa. The parties identified the following measures to improve the situation:
- non-stop travel through Reni
- coordination of transported volumes in five days
- transfer of complete collective trains from Moldova to Romania, 50–60 wagons
- three-way exchange of information on the movement of wagons and the daily processing capacity of receiving terminals in Galati
- integration of receiving terminals in Galati to AS Mesplan
It is emphasized that the implementation of these actions will bring several advantages, in particular, increasing the throughput capacity of the Giurgiulesti-Galati checkpoint by three times, reducing the transit time of carriages between the ports of Ukraine, Moldova and Romania by two to three days, and reducing transport costs.