Wednesday, September 20
The new $15.6B IMF program contains 10 fiscal and 4 anti-corruption structural benchmarks.
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
More than half of the required tasks are related to taxation, and others are devoted to the fight against corruption.
- The nearest fiscal beacon is a law taking effect by May to increase state budget expenditures by UAH 537B.
- By June, two draft laws strengthening the Budget Code must be submitted to the Council and in order to adopt amendments to the code regarding donations accumulated in special National Bank
- The cancelation of the 2% single tax and other benefits for entrepreneurs on July 1.
- The Mid-Term Debt Management Strategy must be updated and published by October and enacted by the end of the year
- To adopt the National Revenue Strategy and review current state investment management procedures.
- Legislation on financial monitoring and the fight against money laundering must be changed by October.
- Also, five beacons concern the NBU and the financial and banking system. By July, it is planned to have prepared a transition strategy to a more flexible currency exchange rate, simplification of currency control, and inflation targeting depending on economic conditions, etc.